The first race in the series of the North Midlands League was held at Markeaton Park, Derby. The U11 girls race was the first of the day and undoubtedly produced the best result of the day.
Poppy Adkin ran an extremely mature race to time her effort to perfection by starting off slowly and working through the field to take the victory in a sprint finish in the home straight. Also delighted with their efforts were Eve Rowley and Mya Acharya, who finished in 18th and 25th places to ensure that the team were placed 3rd on the day.
It looks likely to be a tight team race with Derby Ac only 2 points ahead in second place but with Amber Valley slightly further ahead by 19 points.
The U11 boys race also saw the team finish in 3rd place on the day with great team packing from Kai Clarke-Myers (8th), Alex Magill (9th) and Dylan Izzet (15th). Ryan Morris followed closely behind Dylan in 16th place. Like the girls team, Derby are only 3 points ahead in the team race with Amber Valley 12 points ahead.
Photos in the gallery
3rd place Team 44 points
- Poppy Adkin 1st place 5.08
- Eve Rowley 18th place 5.47
- Mya Acharya 25th place 5.53
3rd place Team 32 points
- Kai Clarke Myers 8th place 5.08
- Alex Magill 9th place 5.08
- Dylan Izzet 15th place 5.24
- Ryan Morris 16th place 5.25
- Jolley Wennington 30th place 5.57
- Joshua Pegg 31st place 6.05
7th place Team 84 points
- Ashley Butler 24th place 14.01
- Samuel Wright 25th place 14.02
- James Tansey 35th place 14.30
- Charlie Combey 27th place 18.38